Thursday, April 12, 2012

New Priest

[:1]Priest appeals to me in a lot of ways, one being the fact that I have some friends that are starting up with me and one is a warlock and the other is a tank so I figured I should be the healer of the group.

The only issue with being a priest is I have NO idea what to do, I went into the priest section of the forums but I am the worst looker ever and I also don't have too much time on my hands to dig too deep into the forums to figure out what I should do.

I plan on healing in Battlegrounds and Dungeons and so I am not positive on what I should spec as, I heard that Disc was the best way to go but then I heard Holy is, way too much conflict on the subject. Also, I am not sure what stats/gear I should be aiming for while leveling and would love if someone could give me the gist of what my MAIN stat would be then my second and third most important stats would be.

Any help is appreciated, thank you for taking the time to read.

BTW: (Blood Elf Priest)|||The nice thing about levelling a new char is that you only have a very small number of spells initially - you're not going to be confronted by a huge array of options. (as an aside, this is usually the best way to spot players who bought their account on ebay!).

As you level, you'll get progressively more spells and can see how to best work them in and when to use them. You'll be replacing gear often as you complete quests or get dungeon bosses down, so no worries about looking for that perfect item.

Stats are usually int and later on spell power, but just replace something if it's better - no min/maxing required here :-) Spirit is quite useful for mana regen.

As for the disc/holy question ....

Disc is more about damage prevention, holy more for healing damage taken. Both have their uses and both are viable. You often see disc described as single target healing and holy as group healing - there is some truth in this, but it's not black and white.

At level 30, you can get dual spec from the trainer, so why not start with the one that looks more interesting and then at lvl 30 try the other. If you find 1 much better than the other, junk the worse one for shadow :-)

Good luck and have fun.|||But to get to lvl 30, IMO Disc was/is much more mana efficient with less down time than the other two.|||Thanks for commenting, I was actually told Spirit is the only stat I basically need which didn't sound right, which is more or less the reason I had initially made this post. Now im starting to see INT is just as important if not more important. Thank you. :)|||I guess that they said spirit because as a healer having a quick regeneration of your mana pool is quite important.|||Also, ALL caster gear has int by default (except some old lowbie stuff with weird stat combos). So maybe they didn't think to mention int since it can be assumed you'll get it anyway, whereas spirit is a secondary stat and you need to choose gear pieces with it on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment