Saturday, April 21, 2012

Quests, Dungeons, PVP or Grinding?

What is quickest method for levelling up a toon?

Completing quests, Grouping dungeons, Player versus player or just grinding away on one particular creature/area before moving on the next creature/area?

So far I�ve been a complete questerholic as I love getting the �Ambassador� title (without buying it) and keep trying to gain it a lower level the previous toon�

�But now whilst levelling the 5th and 6th (priest and warrior) toons this way, sadly it�s getting rather boring!!

Sure it�s easy doing quests especially as I know the ins and outs of every quest below level 60, but it�s still very slow.

I�ve �googled� for wow training methods but they all inevitably point to buying and installing someone�s super duper walkthrough, which isn�t something I intend to do.

I�ve also read loads of threads where people claim to have levelled up in a week or so... any one know their secret as I simply can�t imagine how they manage it!!|||Quote:








What is quickest method for levelling up a toon?

Completing quests, Grouping dungeons, Player versus player or just grinding away on one particular creature/area before moving on the next creature/area?

So far I�ve been a complete questerholic as I love getting the �Ambassador� title (without buying it) and keep trying to gain it a lower level the previous toon�

�But now whilst levelling the 5th and 6th (priest and warrior) toons this way, sadly it�s getting rather boring!!

Sure it�s easy doing quests especially as I know the ins and outs of every quest below level 60, but it�s still very slow.

I�ve �googled� for wow training methods but they all inevitably point to buying and installing someone�s super duper walkthrough, which isn�t something I intend to do.

I�ve also read loads of threads where people claim to have levelled up in a week or so... any one know their secret as I simply can�t imagine how they manage it!!




Questing is undoubtedly the fastest method for dps and tanking classes/specs. Healers have more trouble but it's still do-able. Personally I prefer doing dungeons but this has its disadvantages as I found out when I tried to level a holy paladin solely in instances. What a nightmare that turned out to be. I honestly wanted to commit suicide from all the idiots I met, and quit at level 35.

Grinding is just tedius imho and should only be done as a last resort (i.e. never). The people who level in a week usually use a BM hunter or a affliction warlock in full hierloom gear and play almost non-stop but this is pointless since most don't bother to learn how to use their class effectively. This is partly why hunters are called huntards and have such a poor reputation at end-game.

These "powerlevelers" may level faster in real time, but they usually have about the same /played time as normal players.|||Hmm ty Mid, it's levelling my squishy shadow/healing priest that I find the worst and slowest to level (without using pots). The warrior, well he's just like my pally without the healing benefit so not too bad.

Darn...and there I was hoping I could just camp somewhere for a few days until I reach lvl 40 for 'Shadow Form' which I really want to try.

Patience is not one of my better virtues|||For leveling a priest, the easiest way is to level in disc up to level 40, then switch to shadow. In the beginning, shadow is very slow and mana intensive, whereas disc provides more survivability and decent healing for dungeons.|||I'm mixing both Quests and Dungeons, and it's going decently. Unless you're a healer or a tank, you generally don't get queue's all that often. Anywhere between 5-20 minutes most of the time. You can generally do at least one quest in 10 minutes, so, let's say about 5% of your level, then you do a dungeon, that's about another 10-50% (Around 10% 70+, like 50% 15-70.) and that helps take the grind out of doing constant quests.

In all reality, questing IS the fastest. You can go from 5% into a level, quest for 2 hours, and be close to dinging at 70+ (With rested) and if you do that pre-70 that generally means you've already gained at least one level, lol.|||Combining quests and dungeons is probably fastest. Do quests while you're queuing, and make sure you do the quests inside the dungeons.

PvP is only faster when there's a holiday weekend (extra honor and xp), and probably only when you're below lv30.

I don't think leveling up in a week is realistic, but 2 weeks should be possible. That comes down to about 4-5 levels per day.|||Doing intermittent dungeons is also great for bumping your gear with the occasional blue item.|||Yeah, I've noticed that on my Hunter (79 now. Was only 71 about 4 days ago, and I don't play all that much.) has gained pretty epic gear for his level, 90% of it coming from dungeons. It's definitely worth at least one run per level through dungeons.|||I prefer to mix them up just to keep myself amused and to get a better grasp of the class I'm leveling, since all aspects teach you something about them. Grinding is the absolute last I'll go to, since it's carpal tunnel/burnout induction, and this is a GAME we're playing ostensibily because we ENJOY it.|||I only grind a bit if I come out of a dungeon or finish a quest, and then have only <5% left to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment