Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Is my gear ANY good for a lvl 18 mage?

I'm not really sure of the amount of armor my gear should have at the moment, or the +attributes that should be on them. And my gear doesn't look that cool either :(

This is what I have:

Back: Tumultous Cloak of the Monkey

Chest: Native Robe of the Eagle

Wrist: Crystalline Cuffs

Hands: Heavy Woolen Gloves

Waist: Canvas Belt

Legs: Sea Dog Britches

Feet: Soft-soled Linen Boots

It all adds up to 253 armor, with +5 agility, +17 stamina, +14 intellect, and +8 spirit. Any good at all?|||As a leveling priest you need (in this order):

- Energy

- Spell Power

- Stamina

- Spirit

What you don't need are strength, agility, attack power and high armor.

I can't tell by the item names which stats they have, except that 'of the money' has agility so it's not good.|||Quote:








As a leveling priest




Please actually bother to read my post and realise I'm a mage.|||Quote:








Please actually bother to read my post and realise I'm a mage.




Regardless, the information is still pretty good. All casters have pretty similar requirements.

At level 18, the main stats of interest are Int and Spell Power. Haste and crit are good as well, but you don't really see much of them on lower level gear.

I'm not real up on where Spirit fits in for mages now, but it's probably not all that useful these days. You're probably going to end up with some anyhow just because of how low level gear is currently itemized, though.

Stamina is useful, since it keeps you from going spat, but it's less important than Int and Spellpower. (It's better to kill stuff quickly before you take lots of damage.)

Every other stat is pretty much useless to you.



More importantly though, gear is really not that important at low levels. What you get is quickly replaced, so just keep playing and don't worry about the gear.|||Quote:








Please actually bother to read my post and realise I'm a mage.




I actually just typed it wrong for some reason, but my info is meant for a mage.|||Quote:








As a leveling priest you need (in this order):

- Energy

- Spell Power

- Stamina

- Spirit

What you don't need are strength, agility, attack power and high armor.

I can't tell by the item names which stats they have, except that 'of the money' has agility so it's not good.




Isnt energy for rogues ?|||Quote:








Isnt energy for rogues ?




Ah yes intellect I meant. I made a mess of my post.

In Diablo 2 Energy was linked to Mana - that's where the mistake comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment