Thursday, April 19, 2012

I just wanna play WoW...

So, I just got WoW today...and I can't play it! :O Let me explain what happened:

-I get WoW and install it and all that shizzle; I make a Battle.net Account, make sure WoW is added to it, it says my login is "WOW2" and I have a month free.

-So, I open up the new installed copy of WoW and the little blue bar at the bottom loads up in no time. I click play.

-The whole animation happenes with the Lich King and all that and I finally get the the menu. I log in using the username "WOW2" and the password for my Battle.net account.

-It says connecting and then I get an error. I try again and I get the same error.

-I diside to close WoW. I open up WoW again and it says I've gotta update (or something). I do the update and then I click play and start up WoW. This time, I don't get the error. But it says I have to download the latest patch. I do that.

-It then starts up again, I try to login and guess what I get? The same damn error.

-I close WoW and open it again. This time the little blue bar takes around 30 minutes to load, so I leave the computer. When I come back, WoW is closed. I open it up again and it does the same thing. Takes another bleeding 30 minutes to load.

Why is this happening? I don't understand, I've done everything I'm suppost to? Why does WoW take 30 minutes to load and then randomly close itself? And why do I get this error when I log in?|||your still downloading the update not loading the game up to play, once its done it'll load up alot faster :) the time will change depending on how many people your downloading from so just be patient :)

you're at 3.2 atm by the looks of it, the game is at the moment up to 3.3.5, so you've got a bit more to download

also, when you log in, you need to use your battlenet e-mail address, not wow2, battlenet e-mail address and your usual password|||Quote:








your still downloading the update not loading the game up to play, once its done it'll load up alot faster :) the time will change depending on how many people your downloading from so just be patient :)

you're at 3.2 atm by the looks of it, the game is at the moment up to 3.3.5, so you've got a bit more to download

also, when you log in, you need to use your battlenet e-mail address, not wow2, battlenet e-mail address and your usual password




What do you mean by "you've got a bit more to download"? Are you talking about the little blue loading bar? I left that running and when I came back to the computer WoW was closed. I opened WoW up again and it started loading all over again! :'(|||UPDATE: Now the damn little blue loading bar get's to around 10% and then says "Update Failed" and closes WoW.

This is seriously annoying me now, how could Blizzard create a program that takes all bleeding day. Seriously, I wish I had my wasted time back. :'O|||Try running it as admin.|||Quote:








Try running it as admin.




Tryed that same thing happened.

Today however, the little blue bar seems to have passed 10% without failing. At the moment it's on 72% and appears to be progressing slowly...thank god. :D Mabey it will work after all... :D|||It is not uncommon for a fresh install to take hours, depending on a great many factors. I usually do install/patching in the middle of the night, when the demands on my bandwidth are at their lowest|||That blue bar is not a loading bar, it is installing patches. After it installed the first one, it installs another. Yes, installation, downloading and updating can take a while, but once that is done you can play.

In other words, what Santhe said. It is a download bar, not a loading bar.|||Quote:








The fun in this quest is that you run around while chasing them. :P

A net of some sort would take the fun out.

I got laughed at by my roommate when I actually yelled: "OMG, STAND STILL ALREADY!" at my screen. :D




Wrong thread?|||Quote:








Wrong thread?




Experiments in illegal pharmacology?

No comments:

Post a Comment