Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mature language/harrasment (I do not understand)

So I was reading the WoW harassment policy and it just ended up confusing me for the most part. For me, there is a difference between mature language and harassment. (Mature language isn't directed toward somebody while harassment is) on occasion I add words like **** (The S word) or **** (The F word) to my sentences. Basically I just want to make sure this isn't falling under the harassment policy. I am currently assuming it doesn't because there is a Mature Content filter in which you can choose to turn mature language on and off. I also don't understand why there is even a harassment policy in the first place with the filter because if someone doesn't want to deal with harassment all they have to do is ignore someone and turn the Mature Filter on. Why isn't there just a major spam policy?|||The filter is a last rescue, not a cruch. You can get a temp ban for using such words, no matter who you direct them to.

It is not that hard to express yourself without using such words, is it ? Just behave and talk like a mature person, and you wont have problems with this at all.|||There are so many varieties of spam, I don't think Blizzard could frame a policy to deal with them all. And I really agree with Twoflower: it's perfectly possible to express yourself (even forcibly) without using obscenity or profanity. Many who play the game find that kind of language objectionable and unnecessary. It is, after all, a kind of harassment if a player finds it persistently annoying and unpleasant, whether it's intended that way or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment