Thursday, April 19, 2012

Should I wait for Cata?

I have a lvl 65 Ret Pally and lvl 63 Aff Warlock.

After reading about some of the probable changes due to these classes in Cata, should I stop levelling my Warrior (nearly 76) and raise the other two up before the changes occur?

It's the Pally I'm mainly concerned about as (so far) he was pretty fun and the easiest to level up, but if this is going to change in Cata, I think I'd sooner get him up now rather than after.
|||Quote:








c) Actually getting one toon to 80-85 without giving up, (I normally stop around 60) so all the others can can have epic flying etc...




Stop looking for excuses and level to 80 allready :P|||LOL...aye probably true!!!

Just read about the warrior changes and I can't say I liked them very much either.

The other two are pure Ret and Aff but do have points in another tree's, but I believe you need => lvl 71 before you can use points in another tree in Cata?

Thats why I was thinking of levelling them to 71 before Cata hits.|||Good god... Just level a toon to 80. Screw Cataclysm for now. The Cata changes aren't going to make or break anything, and expect each class to get beaten (one way or another) with a stick (again) in 4.1 and 4.2 to make sure they're all balanced again after the changes in 4.0.1, and possible 4.0.3.

Just get a toon to 80. Pick one toon (I don't care which), screw Crapaclysm for the time being, and just get 'em up to 80.

Worry about Cataclysm's changes when the appropriate patch (I think 4.0.1) comes out. Not before.|||I'm a firm believer in rerolling. if you know your toon will bite next update and you can get another OP toon up to speed quicker I say go with that. Why grind all the way to 80 on a toon that will stink and not be fun? If you pvp reroll to the fotm class|||Quote:








I'm a firm believer in rerolling. if you know your toon will bite next update and you can get another OP toon up to speed quicker I say go with that. Why grind all the way to 80 on a toon that will stink and not be fun? If you pvp reroll to the fotm class




That makes sense. Except for one thing: It takes time to grind to 80. By the time you're 80 with the "FotM", it's probably been rebalanced and some other class is the "FotM". Just get a character or several up to the level cap and learn to play the stupid class.

Player skill usually means more than whichever class is currently on the low or high in WoW. Always has. Always will.

And if you want "FotM" for PvP, why aren't you playing a Shadow Priest? They were melting faces back in 2005 when Battlegrounds first came out, and they still are.|||Have to agree with Yawp here.|||One good argument for leveling one toon to 80 is that you can then get heirlooms for other toons. Getting shoulders and chest will only take you a few hours but the 20% faster leveling makes a huge difference.

So IMO level your Warrior to 80, figure out which toon you want to level next and get the heirlooms you need. Then you can leave your Warrior alone for a while and figure out what to do with him after Cata is released.

I decided to do the same with my Hunter; when he reached 80 I got a few heirlooms and then left him alone. Gearing up now seems a bit silly because of Cata coming out, especially since Hunters will have huge changes (no more mana). So I'm now leveling my Warlock and Holy Pala.|||Grumbles* KKK I get the message... a swift kick up the butt always helps

But if we're losing the Att power stat do you think that they'll replace the gear stats with str instead? 2 Att = 1 Str?|||it will be something like that, but obviously different for different intents of the gear, i.e. some will get str an some will get agi

No comments:

Post a Comment