Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lack of people or interaction, why so?

Hi Im new to wow and one thing i have noticed that im always on my own and everywhere seems to be deserted. Im level 8 doing some quests, but I want to fight in a group, loot, and make gold.

What do people actually do apart from quests? I like ganking preferably, maybe Wow does not gank or its not set up for faction type PVP.

I played UO about 8-9 yrs ago and it was hard to beat for PVP and PVM, items ganking etc, I also played EVE which, i think is in a class of its own.

I guess I should give WOW more time, but my initial impressions are its maybe a bit too 'kiddy friendly' for me.

I guess i like sandbox MMO's like UO and EVE, you dont feel like you are just doing the same old stuff everyone else has done, there seems to be little variation or excitement in WOW on first impressions, I hope I'm wrong. but its just looks, and plays like GW.

What I want to know is what is the most popular server for PVP? and can you gank in WOW, there barly seems to be enough players to me.

Thanks a lot.

PS I have toons on Al Akir (PVP) and Argent dawn (RP) both appear to be empty|||you're level 8, you don't generally start seeing people in the world till about level 20, but after level 10 you can start doing battlegrounds, organised PVP scenarios|||At level 8, you're not going to be doing much except questing and leveling and more solo play as opposed to being in a group.

The game does not really pick up all that much in content that early level wise. Also most classes do not come into thier own until around the high teens or level 20 atleast. The first instances you would be able to get into are mid to high teens and the Looking for Group interface does not become available until level 15.

I don't know if you're Horde or Alliance, but for the Alliance, The Deadmines will be the first instance you get into at around levels 15-18. If you're Horde than it will be Ragefire Chasm at around the same levels.

Also as to PvP... at level 8, there isn't much. You can't get into a Battleground until level 10 and at that point the onl Battleground you can enter will be WSG (Warsong Gulch) but you will be getting ganked and not doing any ganking because at level 10, you will be at the bottom of the level 10-19 Battleground Bracket, and you will literally get your rear handed to you by level 19 twinks.

There's plenty of Gankin going on especially on a PvP server and there's plenty of Cross Faction PvP going on, from Battle Grounds, to Random World PvP, to full blown raids on opposing faction capitals. It's just not going to be available to you at level 8.

Also take into account that many of us are level 80 and either Raiding, or running battlegrounds and other content at level 80. Those of us that are also leveling alts or are new, have likely quested or grinded to the teens and are likely to be using the Random Dungeon Tool to level in instances rather than quest. I did this myself from 70-80. Then I can come back at level 80 and get extra cash in compensation for not getting experience.

There really is no best PvP server. Some are more Horde populated while oters might be more Alliance populated. Older servers tend to have more players (you can tell this at the server select screen where the population is shown as high).

Also, those of us that have been around a while tend to use one location as a hub like Dalaran in Northrend. We Hearthstone there and use the portals to the other capitals if needed.

You're not going to be making alot of gold at level 8 just yet either, even if you're in a group. At that level most monsters are dropping a copper to a silver or two and in a group you split money between the whole group. You might be able to save up a gold or two, but you aren't going to be getting gold in drops for some time.

Then again you might not have chosen professions yet either, these are ways of making money also. For example if you are a miner you can mine ore then sell it on the Auction House in one of the Capital Cities.

Yes, you can gank in WoW, I do this all the time. In order for you to gank, both you and the opposing faction player must be flagged for PvP Combat. If he or she is not flagged and you re, then you cannot attack them. Also, at level 8 (and on a PvP server) you are still in you faction's home territory and as such are not flagged. If someone from the opposing faction enters your territory, they will be flagged, however they will more than likely be higher level than you and if you attack them...you will likley get one shotted.

You could if you wanted to (bad idea at level 8) go into opposing faction territory and try to gank other leo level players at level 10 or less. Bad idea because you will have to go through Contested Territory and most monsters and NPC's there will out level you.

Once you get to around level 20, most questing takes place in Contested Zones anyway so the likelyhood of PvP goes up, as does the likley hood of getting ganked. Seriously, if i was online and you attacked a friend of mine or even a fellow player in my faction, and i was inzone, and I found out about it ...I'd come looking for you

oh and one more thing, on a PvP server you can get ganked as early as level 8...or even 10. Especially a Druid doing the quest for the first shapeshifting (Bear) Form. You get sent from a level 10-15 zone into a level 55 one. Any high level opposing faction player that happens to be hanging around, may step on you.|||Gorney, thankyou so much. Appreciate the guidance.

I'm wondering if warrior is for me, or if i should start a new toon. I enjoy melee, but like to use my brains a bit more as a mmo vet and in my 30's lol. Rouge sounds pretty cool, as does hunter.

Glad to see pvp awaits me, im playing a human warrior (original i bet) but hes so basic and cant heal much, I love using the bow.

I usually play late in the evening, so bordering USA time zone as its offen into 3-4am. Is there a good server to choose?

Appreciate your help guys.|||Id there a way to see the population of each server, sounds easy enough, but I cant find it.|||Not ROUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rogue.

Rouge is a form of red makeup. You will piss off any Rogue that hears yoyu say it.

Warriors aren't meant to heal. They are a class meant to tank or DPS.

If you want an edge in PVP, go Rogue. If you go Rogue consider your class's racial ability:

Humans: Average Rogues as far as racials go, with respect to stealth. Though they do have some racial abilities like Every Man For Himself.

Gnome: There are many Gnome Rogues. Escape artist racial trait.

Night Elf: The Shadow Meld racial enhances stealth.

Warriors aren't made to use a bow full time either, usually only when pulling a mob. Try a Hunter if you liek using ranged weapons.

Healers are Priests, Paladins, Druids and Shamans.

Gorefiend is a US server with a high population.

Feel free to try this one....

If you do and roll Alliance, you won't want to cross paths with me ;)

A general indication of a server's population can be found ingame on the list of servers shown when you opt to choose a server of your own. You will see "low, medium, high, etc"|||Haha, sry my bad. Yeah i cant find that server on my list or i would come and pwn you, im in the UK, can i simply not join USA server? I'm a night owl and prefer to play at night when most yanks are playing.|||Unfortunately you can't just bop between regions like that. If you wanted to play on US servers you'd have to buy a North American copy of the game. Which you can do... You could buy it online in some manner.

Like the Blizzard store.|||Quote:








Haha, sry my bad. Yeah i cant find that server on my list or i would come and pwn you, im in the UK, can i simply not join USA server? I'm a night owl and prefer to play at night when most yanks are playing.




you can't find Gorefiend becase it's a US server.

You want to PWN...me? ROFL.

Ok seriously, since you are in the UK, I bet you're running the EU Client correct? If you are you won't be able to access any US servers. The EU and US clients are not compatible. You would need to find an EU server. Maybe somone from EU can suggest one.

On PWNing me:

Not gonna happen. Atleast not for a long time.

If we were on the same server, you would first need to level all the way to 80 (playing through Classic then TBC then WOTLK content, and by the time you get close to 80, you would need to go through CATA as well) just to get in range level wise. Gear wise at level 8, you are in mostly Grey (vendor trash) type gear and maybe a Green (Uncommon) items.

I'm Level 80. I'm currently geared in a mix of Blue(rare) items and the rest of my gear is Purple (Epic). I'm now at the point where I'll be running Heroic (harder versions of normal dungeons) and Raids.

Even my weakest attack is more than enough to one shot kill you. I'm a Rogue. We're the bane of PvP to most classes, and indeed, we're the bane to any class lower leveled than our level. You will not know I'm there until I attack and kill you. I can even sneak into your home city of Stormwind and kill you and get away undetected. (that is if you are flagged).

You said you loved the gun?

Taking a shot from mine would PWN you 10 times over.

Though you can buy a US version of the game directly from BLiz if you want to try to take me down.|||Gorney, thanks for your input mate, I would love to have played with you, either by your side of face to face. OK guess i'll have to rough it with the EU chaps.

on the subject of pwnage, i''l have you know my warrior char has 300 armour and im armed with marbles, so beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment