Thursday, April 19, 2012

Choosing a good starter realm

recently loaded up the trial for WOW after being frustrated by WAR for too long.

One of the main problems I'm encountering is finding a EU server which has quite a few starters. I rolled a Tauren on two different servers and after playing for a few hours I still didn't see anyone roaming around.

Just wanted to know if you guys could recommend me a starter server that is quite busy in the beginning areas.

Will be looking for a RAF in the coming weeks after the trial runs out and I head back up to uni.

Cheers.

Chalmers|||First let me link this: Picking a server

I can't really recommend my server (EU-Ghostlands) because it has the same problem, especially at the Horde side. But frankly I think you'll encounter the same situation everywhere. The first 10-15 levels you're unlikely to encounter many other players. It's somewhat better if you play in the weekends (or Friday night).

But the really interactive/social part of the game starts probably around 15-20, when you can start playing instances and/or battlegrounds.

In fact, too many other players in starter areas can be annoying because they may kill mobs that you need for a quest, and then you need to wait for a respawn.

My advice: level to 10-15, then go into a major city (e.g. Orgrimmar) and ask to join a leveling guild. That way you'll find some other players at your level easily, or higher-level players who can help you out with difficult quests.

And try a couple of instances when you're around level 17-18; it's an important part of the game even if people you meet there aren't always social.|||Ah maybe that's where I've been going wrong, 5 toons lvl 63-70 with another on route and never been in a guild, group dungeon or BG yet.

It does make group quests a problem unless you leave them for a few levels and then solo them all later.

But then I've never learn't how or ever talked in a chat channel yet either :(|||If you find yourself on Argent Dawn (Alliance that is) I'm sure I can arrange a starter kit for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment