Thursday, April 19, 2012

I thought it'd be easy...macro

Is it possible to create an automated macro that will simply cast Bloodrage, Battle Shout and Charge without me clicking it three times?

I just wanted to create a �one� click button that sets the stage before each fight.

As a total macro noob, I�ve tried various methods I found on the net with little success:

/castsequence reset=120 bloodrage, battle shout, charge

/cast bloodrage

/castsequence reset=120 battleshout, charge

/cast bloodrage

/cast battleshout

/cast charge

/cast bloodrage

/stopcasting

/cast battle shout

/stopcasting

/cast charge

Although some do allow �bloodrage� to generate rage first, I think �battle shout� checks the rage state before the game has updated and keeps falling over telling me there isn�t enough rage.

None of them seem to work how I want, so I guess game mechanics will not allow it to be totally automated?|||The game won't allow you to bypass a keyclick/button press (otherwise, as a hunter, I'd press one key and the fight would be over).

For three abilities or spells you need to either press a mouse button 3 times or a key 3 times. There is one slightly sneaky way of doing this and that is to use the mousewheel. I remember having a macro that had multiple shots on it. All I did was bind that macro to the mousewheel and sit back rolling the wheel (and after 3 fights I deleted the macro because it made the game so boring).|||Ah I thought the game might not allow it :( I could understand if I was trying to combine offensive spells etc... but to chain a few buffs together seemed ok.

I did see something about binding things to you mouse wheel last night, so I'll try and find it again.

Many thanks|||They are all abilities that trigger the global cooldown. Charge IS a offensive action, even if it is not a spell.

And btw, in most cases it is better not to use a macro, anyway. Cooldown timing is realy important to maximise your dps, and a one in all macro does not do the trick most of the time.|||Actually they AREN'T abilities that trigger the globad cooldown. Out of those three, only battleshout causes gcd, so that's not the issue. It's more likely that because you're trying to cast them all at the same time, bloodrage gain doesnt registed quickly enough and you dont have enough rage for battleshout.|||Charge does not trigger the gcd ? That is news to me, i'll have to check ^^|||Plus there's the whole "One click, one spell" thing Blizz likes to hold onto. Making one-button 4 all macro's is a bad idea in itself.

Of course, we can macro Rune Strike behind every other skill, so.. meh|||As long as the skills dont trigger global cooldown or require more resources than you have, you can macro as many as you want into the same button. Of course, classes only have a limited amount of non gcd spells so it doesnt matter much.

No comments:

Post a Comment