Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mid 60's

Being in mid 60's I always wonder: Should I try and do all of the vanilla wow stuff? I have done quests in silithius, EPL, WPL and a few other spots. Now looking into post 60 gear I see a lot of epics that are available via vanilla wow stuff. The issue seems to be needing a raid group for a lot of it. Is it counter productive to chase down some dagger in silithus? Should I be charging head first into post outlands content and leave the old school stuff behind? Looking for opinions.|||One of the drawbacks of having much better quest rewards in Outland is that places like Silithus and EP are virtually empty now. Silithus has fun quests, but the rewards aren't worth it anymore. Even the epics are not as good as the first greens you get from spending a few minutes collecting pieces of wood just outside Thrallmar or Honor Hold in Hellfire Peninsula.

If it's for fun and/or curiosity to the old world content, then sure, nothing is stopping you.|||The outlands gear far outstrips anything in the 1-60 content. Even if you did get a full T3 set (which you can't since level 60 Naxx doesn't exist anymore), you would probably get rid of it within 2 levels in Outland.

The only people doing level 60 content these days are achievement geeks or reputation farmers.|||Mid 60 without much questing, what did you level on?

5 toons (with the sixth on route) all stopped in their 60's and Vanilla quests are all I've ever done :(

I was wondering the same thing yesterday, playing solo in the Sunken Temple and Blackrock areas. Do or can people use the dungeon finder thingy on these lower level dungeons/quests/raids etc...?

Can't see the point from a gear point of view (Unless you plan on staying at 60) as I belive you get better items in Outland etc... just through questing. For me it more about completeness and finishing every quest available in every area.

I would just like to finish the few group quests I've never been able to do solo.

edit:

..."The only people doing level 60 content these days are achievement geeks or reputation farmers"...mid

Aye... sums me up perfectly lol|||Hopefully Cataclysm will bridge the gap between the 55-60 experience in Azeroth and Outlands, gear-wise. Though I guess it doesn't really help with those wanting to run those areas right now for the quests and lore.|||I never said I didn't quest much. I do quests and 5 mans to break up the questing grind. I just have a fascination with vanilla wow. I don't want to miss any cool spots.

Sounds like it isn't worth it to try and get some of the harder epic items in these old school spots.

Too bad they never implemented a raid finder for particular areas, similar to he dungeon finder. That would be cool and it would open up the raiding world to lower level raids, small clans that don't raid often, and single players w/o a clan. Id love to see this.|||Quote:








I never said I didn't quest much. I do quests and 5 mans to break up the questing grind. I just have a fascination with vanilla wow. I don't want to miss any cool spots.

Sounds like it isn't worth it to try and get some of the harder epic items in these old school spots.




Well, while it isn't worth it gear-wise, I did say that nothing is stopping you from doing the content. I took my main to Silithus at level 80 to do the quests, just out of curiosity and because of the knowledge that it would be hard doing quests in Silithus with a level 58+, while I keep thinking about the gear I could get in Outland.|||Quote:








Well, while it isn't worth it gear-wise, I did say that nothing is stopping you from doing the content. I took my main to Silithus at level 80 to do the quests, just out of curiosity and because of the knowledge that it would be hard doing quests in Silithus with a level 58+, while I keep thinking about the gear I could get in Outland.






yea i did trudge through the silithus quests in my 50's and it was hard. It a shame to see such a large part of the map no longer used much. Although this happens in any mmo. Cool that CATA will add new content to these areas to bring some life back to otherwise neglected areas.|||With my first toon (about 10 months ago) I made an effort to do every classic dungeon, and I spent some time raising my reputation with the Argent Dawn. But I felt in the end that it was a wasted effort; the moment you get to Outland the gear just gets so much better that remaining in Classic after 60 is pointless.

IMO Blizzard has done a really bad job here; as others noted places like EPL and Silithus are empty. And the same it happening with Outland; player rush through it to get to Northrend.|||Quote:








I was wondering the same thing yesterday, playing solo in the Sunken Temple and Blackrock areas. Do or can people use the dungeon finder thingy on these lower level dungeons/quests/raids etc...?




Yes, and a lot of them do. Some don't even leave Stormwind/Orgrimmar any more; they just queue for one instance after another, all the way to 80. The smarter ones do pick up and hand in quests, but that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment