Thursday, April 19, 2012

Touch of Zanzil

Dear all,

This might be quite a noob question. I've been poisoned by something called the Touch of Zanzil, meaning I cannot stealth at all for 7 days, and my agility has been reduced by 15. How can I go about removing the poison?

Thanks in anticipation.

Nevermind! Someone kindly removed the debuff for me. Close thread please.|||Quote:








Dear all,



This might be quite a noob question. I've been poisoned by something called the Touch of Zanzil, meaning I cannot stealth at all for 7 days, and my agility has been reduced by 15. How can I go about removing the poison?



Thanks in anticipation.




Welcome Rogue!



You have been hit by the bane of all level 20 Rogues doing the quest to obtain the use of poisons. Which by the way is totaly optional and does not need to be done to get your poisons. Just see the poison vendor.



To remove the debuff you can do a few things, easiest thing to do is go into a capital city of your faction and spam in the trade channel or /say and say that you have been poisoned by the touch of zanzil debuff and ask for someone to clense the poison from you.



If you're a dwarf use stoneform.



If you have first aid high enough to have anti venom, that will work too.



You can also buy a restorative potion from the AH and it should cure the effect.



A Druid can Abolish it from you using Abolish Poison, a Paladin can Cleanse you of it.


Quote:








Nevermind! Someone kindly removed the debuff for me. Close thread please.




We don't close threads when a topic is answered or when the OP finds out the information they sought.|||Quote:








We don't close threads when a topic is answered or when the OP finds out the information they sought.




We dont like multi posting though, so i made this thread a little shorter ;P

That aside, i welcome you to the forum. May your future post bring us nothing but joy.|||I could have merged them...was busy with my sandwich ;P|||*smacks forehead*

I forgot about the rules against multiposting :P Sorry about that, and thanks for your additional information. I was on my way back to Stormwind when a random passerby removed the debuff - at least I'll know what to do when something similar happens again. Thanks!|||This will not happen again, this specific debuff came from the rogue specific quest to get poisons. This quest is very evil, few players know about that debuff when they accept that quest, and we had many people asking about it over the years :) If i remember correctly it used to be even worse, so that other players could not remove the debuff for you.

( You could have done it by yourself, btw, there is a follow up quest which gets the debuff removed. Most people dont bother though and just get it removed from another player. )

The info gorny gave you is still true though for most other debuffs.|||You used to be able to kill yorself on purpose and it would remove the debuff, not so anymore. A Jungle Remedy also works.|||Sidenote, the followup quest would remove the poison|||Indeed, I did this quest and the completionist in me forced me to do the follow-up (seemed only natural to me as well, the debuff's duration clearly meant something was gonna cleanse it off me).

No comments:

Post a Comment