Thursday, April 19, 2012

Newbie Question regarding 10/25 Man Raids

Hello,

I finally reached level 80 as a DK, and have worked my way through the various dungeons to build my "gearscore" up to 4300, so now I am looking to join a 10 or 25 man raid. Last night, I saw on the "Trade" communications that people were asking about various raids that they are recruiting people for, but I was not able to get the persons attention. I am currently "DPS" as I do not know the dungeons enough to be able to be a Tank. Lastly, I do belong to a guild, but really do not see any request for raids, etc.

So what do I have to do to get into a 10/25 man raid?

Thank you for your help!|||get better gear first of all. use triumph badges to buy all the gear you can off the vendor and farm icc5 man heroic until you are in full 232-245 ilvl gear. make sure everything is gem and enchanted properly and that you know how to dk dps. after you've done that you can start doing toc25 togc10 and begin to do icc10. there's usually people spamming in trade during peak hours in the late afternoon to nighttime. tuesday and wednesday are busy days when raids just reset so thats a good time to look for a raid. also weekend and monday nights when people are scrambling to raid before it resets so you might have luck there as they are in a hurry they may be more accepting of lower geared player.|||Tioga,

Thank you for the response! My gear is ready to go.. I have farming the dungeons and using the emblems to upgrade my gear, so my gear is complete.. Actually the next level gear that i need requires Frost Emblems, so I really need to get into the next level so I can continue to upgrade! I will continue to look for people spamming for toc25 togc10 and look to begin to do icc10.

So basically I am doing what I need to be doing, but I need to get lucky and get someone who is willing to accept me in their Raid.. Correct?

Lastly, what does toc25, togc10, and icc10 stand for? I get lost with all the acronyms..

Thank you again for your help!|||Hi Thome,

a link to your armory would help us much more than a single GS number. Gs is not useful realy.

Frost badges and T10 drop in VoA, the PvP raid instance. Makle sure to farm it in both 10 man and 25 man version regularily each week. Also do the weekly raid quests and the daily heroic quests, they award more frost badges.|||I suspect Tioga's suggestion about grinding more heroic gear comes from the fact that a gearscore of 4300 is pretty low for someone with all of the Triumph badge gear. As an example, my DK who is in a mix of triumph badge gear and Naxx gear has a 4700 gear score. She still has several pieces she could upgrade without raiding. So, if your gearscore really is 4300, then you still have upgrades you can get. An armory link could help us steer you in the right direction.

As for raiding itself, if you haven't done it before, start small. I'd look for raids for VoA as well as whatever the weekly raid is. VoA is pretty easy, and there are less likely to be strict gearscore requirements to get in. The weekly can vary depending on what it is, but if it's for an older raid getting a group shouldn't be hard with any gear level.

Some quick acronyms:

ToC — Trial of the Crusader — Normal version of the Tier 9 raid. Both 10 (ToC10) and 25 (ToC25) man version are available.

ToGC — Trial of the Grand Crusader — Heroic version of the Tier 9 raid. Again, both 10 (ToGC10) and 25 (ToGC25) man is available.

ICC — Icecrown Citadel — This is the Tier 10 raid. 10 (ICC10) and 25 (ICC25) man versions are available. The normal and heroic modes share a lockout, and you can do some bosses on heroic and others on normal. If raid groups plan to do a lot of bosses on heroic mode, they'll usually say something like ICC10(H) or otherwise fit an "H" into the acronym somewhere.|||Thank you (again) for your response(s)...

Here is the wowarmory for my character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hoof&cn=Heleri

And yes, you are correct.. I am still working on a better back as well as very close to purchasing the "Malevolent Girdlea" Belt with my Frost Badges within the next couple of days. I am sure I can still always upgrade, but I would think that I should be able to enter the 10/25 Raids with the gear that I have??

I really appreciate your feedback and walking me through this!|||"Frost badges and T10 drop in VoA, the PvP raid instance. Makle sure to farm it in both 10 man and 25 man version regularily each week. Also do the weekly raid quests and the daily heroic quests, they award more frost badges". - This is what I want to do, but am unable to get into the raids to be able to farm the "Frost" badges. Any assistance with getting into these raids is greatly appreciated! - Thank you again!|||i doubt you'll get in with blues. there's a nice axe off heroic pit of saron's last loss

http://www.wowhead.com/item=50267

and a trinket off last boss in heroic forge of souls or alternatively the ilvl 245 hit/ap on use badge trinket.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=50198

and for cloak one drops off the last chest in normal halls of reflection so you can farm it

http://www.wowhead.com/item=49842|||Frost badges can be farmed by using the LFD tool (Looking for Dungeon) and running a random Heroic (at least in terms of 2 badges a day that way). On top of that, right now with Direbrew, you can run the holiday daily and get 2 badges that way as well.

Something else that can at least give you a boost with some of the gear (though it's not wholly appropriate for some because of the perception) is also farming honor and Wintergrasp marks to get some of the higher end PVP gear. While it's not fully focused on PVE for raids, it's still pretty good stuff - the resilience just isn't that helpful for PVE, and some raids might not let you join if you're too heavily in PVP gear. Still, as a DK, you can shoot for the high strength stuff and gem for other stats.|||Another easy way to get frosties atm is to do the daily bewfest to kill coren - it takes about 1 minute and gives 2 frosties (once per day only - not every time)

No comments:

Post a Comment