Thursday, April 19, 2012

Getting ready for Cata. How to prepare

Hi all,

I was wondering, what should I do with my toons to get ready for Cata? Should I make as much gold as I can, horde badges, save up mats, etc...? Should I do some quest and save them for expansion day so I can turn them in to get a little head start? Get an epic mount?

Maybe some of you guys who been thru other expansions have some idears.

Oh for you guys who play multiple toons, how you going to handle that?

Thanks.|||Save gold for sure.

Epic flying will cost you 5k, plus the right to fly on Azeroth is 250G.

I would get an epic mount if you don't have one, stock badges too, as these will turn into legacy points or gold depending on the badge type.

I'm sticking to my Rogue.|||If you are thinking of levelling a new alt then saving badges for some heirlooms is a good idea. I need to grind about 190 Triumphs for all the bits i need for my Worgen. I was also toying with the idea of collecting mats to power level its professions too.|||One thing I will do for sure is to have my characters safely based in major cities of their faction, like Stormwind or Ironforge or the higher level ones like Shattrath and Dalaran. I have no idea what would happen with a character happily sitting in the inn in Auberdine when Auberdine vanishes from the landscape.

The other thing that I've been doing lately for my 'little guys' is to buy them really good armour and weapons on the AH. Right now the place is like a bargain basement, full of really cheap blues and purples, so why not, even if new spiffy stuff will come with Cataclysm.|||I for one will be sticking my head between my legs and hope for the best.|||Quote:








The other thing that I've been doing lately for my 'little guys' is to buy them really good armour and weapons on the AH. Right now the place is like a bargain basement, full of really cheap blues and purples, so why not, even if new spiffy stuff will come with Cataclysm.






Gotta get on your tail here, Froggelet :) From your posts in another thread i remember that you are struggling to get the gold together for a epic flyer. This here is a reason why :)

You dont realy need these AH bought items to play your chars. During leveling, equip does not matter anyway, and at max level you will find enugh good items from dungeons or PvP. And as you rightly pointed out, Cata will bring new items, new hairlooms etc.

I would advise against going shopping and pro saving all the gold you can get. Sell everything ! ( And i mean that. Clear out the bank char. The items on him get worth less and less with every hour. I have sold everything from him, even things i would need for my professions. I sold all my enchanting materials, i will not enchant anything any more before lvl 85, it is just not worth it. I'd rather keep the gold. )|||Quote:








Gotta get on your tail here, Froggelet :) From your posts in another thread i remember that you are struggling to get the gold together for a epic flyer. This here is a reason why :)

You dont realy need these AH bought items to play your chars. During leveling, equip does not matter anyway, and at max level you will find enugh good items from dungeons or PvP. And as you rightly pointed out, Cata will bring new items, new hairlooms etc.

I would advise against going shopping and pro saving all the gold you can get. Sell everything ! ( And i mean that. Clear out the bank char. The items on him get worth less and less with every hour. I have sold everything from him, even things i would need for my professions. I sold all my enchanting materials, i will not enchant anything any more before lvl 85, it is just not worth it. I'd rather keep the gold. )




Would it surprise you if I said they seem do better with higher DPS and (curse it) GearScore? I know, I could save and save and save, but you will recall too that I said earlier the epic flying mount really doesn't mean a lot to me. I've seen a few now and boy, is it ugly!!! I like my Death Knight's skeletal flying mount far better. I would save gold for that if any class could get one. So, I suppose, it's choices or, as my father used to say, 'Horses for courses'. I appreciate your suggestion, though.|||The problem you'll get with any current gear come cataclysm is that you WILL replace all of it within a couple of levels. You need to, if only to get the huge stamina boost needed to quest. The mobs in the new zones hit really, really hard. My hunter is sitting at level 82 with 42,000 hp....and all of it is needed.

One of the complaints I'm seeing in the beta is people holding onto their hard earned high end raiding gear and getting smooshed into the ground when they walk into a 5 man.

Don't buy any gear - just collect the quest rewards and save a pile of cash.|||Really...so T-10 is going to feel like you're wearing classic epics when trying to run WOTLK raids?



Ouch.

My Rogue is at about 24,000 something HP's|||Quote:








really...so t-10 is going to feel like you're wearing classic epics when trying to run wotlk raids?



Ouch.

My rogue is at about 24,000 something hp's




smooooosh^^^^^^^

No comments:

Post a Comment