Thursday, April 19, 2012

Erm..should I stay in Outland?

I've just turned 70 on my warrior and still completing quests in Outland - Shadowmoon Valley and Netherstorm left to do.

Should I stay here or move to Northend?

I'm in no great hurry as I still get 10-14k xp for handing in quests in these zones and the mobs are probably easier too.

Are the gear drops in Northend so much better that its worth leaving Outland now and coming back later?

I can't afford a cold weather flying mount by a long way so is there any point moving yet?

Elder..|||Quote:








I've just turned 70 on my warrior and still completing quests in Outland - Shadowmoon Valley and Netherstorm left to do.

Should I stay here or move to Northend?

I'm in no great hurry as I still get 10-14k xp for handing in quests in these zones and the mobs are probably easier too.

Are the gear drops in Northend so much better that its worth leaving Outland now and coming back later?

I can't afford a cold weather flying mount by a long way so is there any point moving yet?

Elder..




OK, just my viewpoint, but if I were you, no, I'd wait a bit longer. There are areas in Northrend where you'll need that cold weather flying for sure, most particularly if you have a gathering profession. I don't think the drops in Northrend are better than Outland - higher level maybe, but mostly greens or greys. And if you're doing well and satisfied with the results you're getting, then no need to move. You've still got two quite interesting Outland areas to do and you'll enjoy them, I'd think.|||lol the drops in NR not better than outlands?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=36883 is far better than http://www.wowhead.com/item=30789

far easier to get as well|||Realy depends what you want.

The Northrend drops are indeed way better than the outland drops. For speed or efficiency you gotta go Northrend.

But if you want to finish some quests or just feel like staying in outlands, it is your game, nobdy can stop you :)|||Look, I said it was my opinion. And no, I've not got any particularly good drops in Northrend. Higher level, yes, but still mostly greens. It's fun to quest and whatnot in Northrend but a bit difficult with no cold weather flying. I don't think it's that much more wonderful than Outland or at least it hasn't been for me.|||Yes stay in Outland. Unless you've already done the quests with another character, Shadowmoon Valley and Netherstorm are interesting places even if the quests will become a bit (too) easy. ]

The drops in Northrend are better, but I don't think you need to rush it unless you have a reason to get to 80 asap.|||You can always do a few quests in the Northrend starting areas just for the gear boost, and then go back to Outlands.

...Ren|||Quote:








You can always do a few quests in the Northrend starting areas just for the gear boost, and then go back to Outlands.

...Ren




This.

The gear boost from quest rewards alone is like when you first shift to Outland and then decide to go back to Silithus or Eastern Plaguelands to finish out a quest - it makes a world of difference in terms of speeding things up.

Really depends on if you're a completionist/wanting Outland rep or just wanting to ding 80. If you want to hit 80 faster, then Outlands is not the route to go - the quest XP and mob XP is significantly lower.|||You are already "over level" for the Northrend Starting areas which begin at level 68. The gear is better in Northrend. Getting cold weather flying early is "easy mode" for Northrend, it isn't needed, not by a long shot, but it does make it easier. That being said the most compelling reason for you to stay in Outland is:


Quote:








I'm in no great hurry.......




If you are enjoying Outland stay there and have fun, if you aren't then take the trip to Northrend.|||You could always stay in Outland and run random Norhrend insances also.

No comments:

Post a Comment