Saturday, April 21, 2012

Starting to play wow again.. need help with patch

Hi,

I want to start to play wow again. i have a lvl 20 warlock on runetotem i guesse, but i installed the game (classic wow) on mpy new computer i just got recently but after i installed it, i had to instal and download another file of 3.4 gb and im currently downloading at 50kb/s ... :/ Is this TBC patch or just a patch that comes with classic wow? i would apreciate any help guys:)

Grtz|||It's probably every single patch from whatever version classic WoW was when it was first released, all the way to most recent one: 3.3.3a.

If the Blizzard downloader is being slow, I'd recommend finding a good mirror.

Fileplanet has a nice all-in-one package which will get you all of the major patches, but not the most recent mini patches, but getting the mini-patches off of the Blizzard downloader isn't that much of a hassle.|||Hmmmm...I have a level 20 something warlock on Runetotem US. :) But yeah, if you're patching up from vanilla, you've got a ways to go.|||Quote:








It's probably every single patch from whatever version classic WoW was when it was first released, all the way to most recent one: 3.3.3a.

If the Blizzard downloader is being slow, I'd recommend finding a good mirror.

Fileplanet has a nice all-in-one package which will get you all of the major patches, but not the most recent mini patches, but getting the mini-patches off of the Blizzard downloader isn't that much of a hassle.




Stupid Question Inc!

Do I have to reinstall Vanilla WoW onto my computer and then install the patches from Fileplanet? I assume you still need to D/L Vanilla WoW.



Where is my dunce cap? I need it right now.|||Quote:








Stupid Question Inc!

Do I have to reinstall Vanilla WoW onto my computer and then install the patches from Fileplanet? I assume you still need to D/L Vanilla WoW.



Where is my dunce cap? I need it right now.




Yes. You'll need to reinstall classic and then install the patches.|||Alternatively, you can always reduce the amount of patches you have to download by buying everything up to and including the most recent X-Pack (WotLK), although if you're just trying the game out for the first time, I don't recommend that in case you don't like it.|||Is any body on?

1:52 pm eastern|||If download speeds are being terrible with the blizzard downloader (which is often the case) and you don't want to go through the hassle or manually downloading the patches from a mirror, normally you can increase the speed of the downloader by going to the options and turning off peer-to-peer transfer.

This effectively changes it from a torrent to a normal download, which is generally more efficient.|||Quote:








Is any body on?

1:52 pm eastern




Maaaaaybe. Why?

(But seriously, this website is strongly populated by EU players, you'll find them on at what are normal times for *them* and not so normal times for *you*. I have a mediocre chance of being on at the given time, depending on my work schedule on that day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment