Thursday, April 19, 2012

Survivability

So I'm coming back for a bit after having not played for um, years. Just wanted to see what's up and am thinking about Cataclysm. Am currently downloading the install, as my original box from 2004 was laughed at by the server.

Was curious as to what classes might be the best at surviving while soloing. In other words, I'm not really caring about how much DPS I'm capable of, or how quickly I level. I actually like following story lines and I do a LOT of crafting in whatever mmorpg I play.

Only thing I've decided on for sure is that I want to take Engineering as my primary profession. Always loved the whackiness of it. I mostly solo, though am not allergic to grouping if I can find a good group. I am also a casual player with not a ton of time to put in, and would be amazed if I ever saw level 60, let alone 70 or 80. Which means I'm not too worried about whether people will want me in raid groups. I'm also an altaholic, and will probably be working other professions with alts as well.

But I want to be able to survive if I'm down in the depths of some creepy cave looking for mining nodes by myself. Who would survive best, especially if a couple of adds jump me?

P.S. I always liked pet classes, so have considered the Hunter, but they seem to be better at ranged than being beat on in caves, what with the kiting and all.

And yes, I read the sticky on "Which Class Should I Be"|||Take a well planned jump.

Rogue Engineer.|||Quote:








Rogue Engineer.




Sounds like that could be a fun combination, think I'll try it. The stealth ability should help quite a bit, and I love working with poisons.

Do Rogues ever get a feign death or anything like that?|||No, we don't

Stealth yeah and the Vanish skill that works like FD.

You'll like the explosive part of things come TBC and WOTLK level Engineering and later CATA...I'm sure Frogglet will comment on that ;)|||Quote:








No, we don't

Stealth yeah and the Vanish skill that works like FD.

You'll like the explosive part of things come TBC and WOTLK level Engineering and later CATA...I'm sure Frogglet will comment on that ;)




<Froggelet beams and steps forward> Yep, the 'fun-est' profession of them all. Expensive to level and it might be good to take up Mining as well, since you'll need a lot of mineral items and if you don't use something it'll sell well on the AH for the gold you'll need.

The only disadvantage as I see it is that many of the really wonderful items can only be used by you or another Engineer. That's disappointing compared to other crafting professions.|||Most useless professin in the game.

Take gathering professions for making money or crafting professions that actualy produce good items.

( Just a contrast to all the engineering hooting and tooting that is going on around here :) )|||Twoflower is still sore from getting blown up...|||Blown up ? Never.

I am sore from golfing all weekend.|||Quote:








Twoflower is still sore from getting blown up...




Is that his problem? I thought he was just being unpleasant.|||Blue Proteus, this game is totally for you and you will love it. Make sure you check out the Archaeology skill when the expansion comes out. I think it will be good. There is a possibility it will be tedious but I think it will be good.

I think you could just about pick any character that appeals to you other than cloth wearers. If you choose hunter, you'll be able to make some of your own weapons with engineering.

No comments:

Post a Comment