Saturday, April 21, 2012

Returning after 1.5 year hiatus.. Got Questions..

1) I quit in 2008, shortly before WoLK came out. I just got WoLK yesterday and resubscribed. My lvl 70 has not completed a few high level Outland quests (particularly some elite quests.) Are there any of those quests worth doing before I head to Northrend?

2) I mostly enjoy the PvP aspect of the game esp the BGs.. I hear that twinks are basically dead now. How are the lvl 80 BGs these days? How well does Gear Matching work in practice? Still, I'd much rather play against a comparably equipped group of lvl 80s than stick with the Twink BGs where I don't have access to my character's full range of abilities.

3) Some miscellaneous features.. any of these implemented yet?

- Auctionable enchants

- Group duels

- PvE to PvP transfers

4) Lastly, what do you think of this Feral Druid build for lvl 80?

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000|||Welcome back :)

1 : If you want to do these quests for sentimental value or for "special" rewards, then do it. YOu will get better rewards, more XP and more people to quest with in Northrend though. I abandoned all quests i had the moment i loaded wotlk :)

2 : I dont do pvp, sorry. Twinks arent dead though, you even have a option to stop XP gain. You will be mathced against other twinks though. There are lvl 60 and lvl 70 twinks decked out in the raid items for these levels. I dont know about gear matching, is this even used ?

3 : you can enchant scrolls now and put these in the AH. Group duels = arena ? Pve to pvp transfers are possible by now.

4 : the druid is about the only clas si have never played. Sorry :) But ask in our druid forum.|||1. Generally, no, they are not worth the time. If you really want to do them, find a guild or something and hope they want to help, lol.

2. Yes. Twinks are essentially dead. Sure, you can have great gear on your x9's... Thing is, when you turn off the exp, you are officially considered a special bracket of your own. No more twink VS regulars anymore.

3. A. Yes. On the AH just go "Scroll of enchant" and it'll have EVERY enchant just about. B. Group duels no, but Arena's still doing well I'd say. C. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that everyone can transfer to any server they want.

4. Immediately noticed you didn't have Primal Gore. Bleeds are a gigantic amount of DPS now, and since you have 35% or higher crit at 80 in blues and greens, I would say it's extremely worth it to get that... Other than that, go check on google for good builds at 80.|||I'm guessing because you said PvP that you'll be going cat form which means you don't need the point in intensity, or the 3 points in nature's focus. max out shredding attacks, primal gore and improved mangle instead and you'll be fine.|||Let me just add to the question about Twinks: I tried to make one about 2 months ago; I made a lv19 holy paladin and gave him semi-decent equipment, then blocked xp gain. I tried 3 evenings in a row, but couldn't get into a game for 1.5 hours, after which I gave up.

Other players have told me that there are a few realms where twinks are still present, but they are really too rare to be enjoyable.

Something else- in Cataclysm there should be a major overhaul of BGs (including ratings). I never bothered looking up details but you may want to.|||Quote:








1) I quit in 2008, shortly before WoLK came out. I just got WoLK yesterday and resubscribed. My lvl 70 has not completed a few high level Outland quests (particularly some elite quests.) Are there any of those quests worth doing before I head to Northrend?

2) I mostly enjoy the PvP aspect of the game esp the BGs.. I hear that twinks are basically dead now. How are the lvl 80 BGs these days? How well does Gear Matching work in practice? Still, I'd much rather play against a comparably equipped group of lvl 80s than stick with the Twink BGs where I don't have access to my character's full range of abilities.

3) Some miscellaneous features.. any of these implemented yet?

- Auctionable enchants

- Group duels

- PvE to PvP transfers

4) Lastly, what do you think of this Feral Druid build for lvl 80?

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000




1) Same reply here.. I did the same thing and came back in after a long break. I went from 70-80 using a crappy wow leveling guide that skipped all the non phat quests/diversions. I tried picking through the leftover quests but my memory of what I did/didn't was horrible due to my quick skim of the content. Everyone I've asked says "do it if you're really bored only".

2) Twinks seem dead to me. I still see the gear at stupid prices but that's about it?

3) Yes! This is one of the things that got me back into the game. I lost a lot of my RL guildmates to RL stuff like kids and such. Buying enchants off the AH is so cool!

Group PvP happens all the time, on PvP servers.. :)

Don't know for sure both others seem to have you covered on this one! :)

Either way, welcome back! (Good timing with Cataclysm on the way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment