Thursday, April 19, 2012

Starting Off On The Right Foot

Well, I don't neccesarily need a question answered. Prehaps this isn't the right place to put this, but I figured if it is wrongly located a moderator may move it to the right area.

Hello, my name is Nick. I'm a 20 year old male & a n00b at World of Warcraft. I've been playing for little over a month. My highest character is a level 11 undead priest. Although I enjoy playing with my level 10 troll rogue, much more. I'm writing in here for help enjoying the game more. As most of you know it is suppose to be a social event to get on WoW. I'm stuck playing by myself most of the time & wouldn't mind someone showing me the ropes a little more or helping me progress. I have a few friends of mine that play, but they aren't on nearly as much as I've been on. I just bought my actual game so I've got a month before I start playing.

If anyone is interested in helping me out I have a character on Ghostlands (Troll Rogue: Quarwen) & Madoran (Undead Priest: Bickle (After Travis Bickle), Tauren Hunter: Bullspit, Night Elf: Aidenastoria). I have the Burning Crusade expansion, otherwise I'm not Linch King material as of yet. I'm really into hardcore music, I'm straight edge, & I suppose I'm a smart ass. In case those are deal breakers for anyone wanting to play with me. Please, feel free to respond to me on here. I would really enjoy having a little close knit group of people that enjoy playing & don't mind helping someone a long who is new to the phenomenon that has been sweeping the world for over 6 years.|||What about a guild? You might have to try out a couple before you find one that's 'home' for you, but most realms have many that are friendly, helpful, and really like to share gameplay.|||See, I'm not very familiar with guilds or how to find them or any of the such. Maybe someone could give me a verbal rundown on how guilds work & how you leave them, etc.|||Quote:








See, I'm not very familiar with guilds or how to find them or any of the such. Maybe someone could give me a verbal rundown on how guilds work & how you leave them, etc.




Guilds are easy to find, the question is finding the one that suits you. Whenever you are in a capital city (Undercity/Orgrimmar/Thunderbluff/Silvermoon/Shattrah/Dalaran) you will see them advertising themselves in the trade channel or the guild recritment channel.

Some guilds are raid only (end game content), others are leveling and or more relaxed and centered toward helping people.

Each guild is different on how it works, they have different ranking systems within the guild and it depends on how the GM and the Officers run things.

You join a guild by accepting an invitation from the GM or an officer (or in some cases, an invite from a member with invite powers) yo leave by typing /gquit.

There are many pro's and cons to being in a guild, from gaining a number of people that will help you out with many facets of the game including questing, instancing, class advice, build and talent advice, free items via the guild bank, and so forth.

There's also an advantage to all guild runs vs. Pugs. All of us have had a pug fall apart or missed out on an item due to losing a roll or an unexpected ninja and wished it was guild ran...|||Much as it pains me to point you towards the low-life scum cesspit that is the official forums, your realm forums there are probably your best bet for looking for a guild that might suit you.|||Quote:








Much as it pains me to point you towards the low-life scum cesspit that is the official forums, your realm forums there are probably your best bet for looking for a guild that might suit you.




I tried to avoid the official forums because most people get on your case for a million dumb reasons. So I came to the place that seemed more intellectual.

Thanks for the responses, looks like a guild is what I'm in search of.|||There are some good things on the official forums, but to be honest those useful posts are pretty much drowned out by the dross.

You'll find many guilds advertising on the realm forums so have a search there. You could also post there explaining just exactly what it is you need and hope that a friendly person or two can point you in the right direction.|||I would be inclined to ask in chat, something along the lines of "relatively new player looking for levelling / social guild - would appreciate tips from experienced players".

You seem a decent sort, so this next part is probably superfluous, but nothing is going to annoy people more than being constantly asked for boosts through low level dungeons. Not only is this very boring, but you don't learn your class at all. If you're lucky, you'll join a levelling guild where people actually want to play the game, which is so much more fun.

good luck and enjoy|||You may have to join and leave a couple before you find one right for you. It's like joining a club - until you're actually in it and interacting with members, you don't know how you fit in or if they're your kind of people. Once you find a good one, though (it took me two tries before finding the right one) it enhances your game play tremendously. It's also a good source of information and help, to say nothing of just having friendly people to chat with as you play.|||Yeah, basically the issue with finding people to play with here is:

1. The EU/US client split. Someone on an EU client cannot play with a person on an US client. Since this website is EU based and run, there are a lot of EU clientele on it.

2. The US server split. Sure, fine, there are a few of us who are US clientele. All of my toons are focused on a single server, Runetotem US, not any of those you mention.

3. Factional preferences.

4. We have a pretty large number of current nonplayers atm, players who are on hiatus from play, taking a vacation.

5. You'd be happier with someone who, while having a little more experience, doesn't have a whole lot more experience. We're great to ask questions of, but if I was a starting player, I wouldn't want to attach myself to most people here.

No comments:

Post a Comment