Saturday, April 21, 2012

help me with my account

I have got these emails from blizzard. I'll just paste them here: "Greetings,

An investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the

account in question is being sold or traded. If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated. In order to keep this from occurring,

you should immediately verify that you are the account. "

Q: How do I verify my account ? I don't want let them delete it.

I tried to log-in normally on wow eu homepage, but it says: "This Battle.net account currently does not have any World of Warcraft accounts associated with it."

I coudn't send this message to wow eu forums becouse: "YOU HAVE NO ACTIVE WORLD OF WARCRAFT ACCOUNTS ATTACHED"

I got two battle.net accounts, neither doesn't have my wow account. I tried to merge the account, but it says: " This World of Warcraft account has already been merged into a different Battle.net account."

I can't put my cd-keys into the battle.net add game section either.

Q2: Did someone steal my account ??

ps. I haven't logged to wow in one year.|||You've got a phishing mail. Blizzard will never ever ask you to verify your account like this. The e-mail most likely came with a link, I hope you didn't click it and provided your login information. If you did, your account is stolen now. The last phishing scam I got provided the link "worldofwarcrdaft.com", but sometimes they are more cleverly hidden.

Apart from the fact that Blizzard will never ever send e-mails like this, the most obvious way to see if it is a scam, is to look at the greeting. Blizzard knows your real name and uses that: Greetings Bob! instead of just "greetings". But you'll be better off remembering that Blizzard doesn't send e-mails like that and will never ever ask you for your login information.

As to your Battle.net question, I can't provide an answer to that from the top of my head just now. Probably you do need to attach your account to a Battle.net account, but you might have to create one from scratch - I don't think old DII or WCIII accounts will work. Don't quote me on that though.|||As noted, this is a fake email. Do not reply to it.

Also, have you placed your wow account into your Battle.net account? This wasn't required a year ago,so you could have still been playing then without having your wow be part of your battle.net. Back then, my wow account was a separate, distinct entity from the kids' battle.net account (used only for Dota, etc)|||Quote:




As noted, this is a fake email. Do not reply to it.




lol.. there goes my lvl 80 prot pala...

oh... well... that's sad.. the messages starts with "Greetings,"..

It's not so big deal, I can allways start with a new character :)|||1) Replying to such an e-mail only confirms to the spammer that the address exists and can result in more and more spam. It doesn't mean your account is stolen. You should only worry about that if you actually clicked the link in the mail and provided your login information.

2) Even if your account is stolen, there's no need to buy a new one. When my account was compromised last year, I got everything back within a week after reporting.|||Quote:








1) Replying to such an e-mail only confirms to the spammer that the address exists and can result in more and more spam. It doesn't mean your account is stolen. You should only worry about that if you actually clicked the link in the mail and provided your login information.

2) Even if your account is stolen, there's no need to buy a new one. When my account was compromised last year, I got everything back within a week after reporting.




1. well I "logged in" and failed :D

2. Ill report to blizzard|||Don't know if it's just the EU or not, but a message on the login screen last night said the servers would be down all day today (Wed 21st) untill 10pm GMT.

Last time I believe it affected the forums/accounts also.|||Quote:








lol.. there goes my lvl 80 prot pala...

oh... well... that's sad.. the messages starts with "Greetings,"..

It's not so big deal, I can allways start with a new character :)




I'm a little confused, what makes you think you've lost your main? Nothing in what you have posted leads me to believe that you're missing a character, or even that you've been hacked. And if you've been hacked, notify Blizzard and get it back. While not easy peasy, it's not truly that difficult to restore an account.

But still, invest in an authenticator. It's a good security measure.

When you say, logged in and failed....what precisely did it say? There are several ways a log in fails...we kind of need to know what happened...exactly...to advise you correctly.|||The #1 way you can tell a phishing email from a "good" email is that a real email from Blizzard will refer to you by your full name, as you registered on your WoW account. It will say, "Greetings, John," or "Greetings, Catherine," or whatever your RL name is.

Phishing emails will never use your name. Or they will make some lame attempt like "Greetings smith94," if your email is smith94@mail.com.

...Ren

No comments:

Post a Comment