Saturday, April 21, 2012

I can't interact in the game.

I am totally new at playing WOW and only began a day ago. My character is a night elf currently level 4. However today I appear to be losing connection. I can't communicate with guards or the CPU's . Everything is freezing.I can't purchase items from the shop keepers because they don't exist. I can't attack enemies (and they can't attack me), I can't get experience and I can't do quests. I can move around but all the characters controlled by other players have vanished.I can see the night elf guards and Protectors but I can't interact. I have no idea what has happened. Can anybody help or explain what has happened ? I'd really appreciate it.|||Assuming you're using a legal copy of the game, it sounds to me like you're having lag/rubber band/internet issues more than a game issue. I'd be curious to know what kind of internet you're trying to play with?|||My internet is DSL and my browser is firefox...I checked out what you were saying and I think I am experiencing lag (although that has NEVER happened to me in any other situation). My dad however says it sometimes happens when he is playing an online game ink link. I might try and defrag the computer and see if that helps.I really appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.|||Quote:








My internet is DSL and my browser is firefox...I checked out what you were saying and I think I am experiencing lag (although that has NEVER happened to me in any other situation). My dad however says it sometimes happens when he is playing an online game ink link. I might try and defrag the computer and see if that helps.I really appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.




Defragging won't help that much. It's more an issue of your ISP not allocating you the bandwidth that you need or there being interference on the line etc.

Turning off/on the router/modem and trying to let it reconnect can sometimes help a bit.

But in the end only the isp can really effect things. Either that or shop around for a new one.

Also make sure that you're on a realm which is beneficial to your location. That would be the Oceanic servers, which are located on the West Coast of the US, as opposed to the East Coast ones. Farther away the target server is, the bigger the problem can get.|||one more thing that could be a problem is if you are running on the trial client and not the full game. if you are using the trial client it has to stream all the information which makes things run slower. I found I had to wait a couple of minutes when entering a new place before I could talk to NPCs, etc.

if this is the case then installing the full game client will solve most of your problems.|||It can also be your RAM or your video card. What are you running for a system?

...Ren|||Also, how much total RAM do you have and are you running anything in the background when WoW is running?

No comments:

Post a Comment