Thursday, April 19, 2012

Probably a stupid question, but ...

I'm not actually a newbie but this is probably a newbie sort of question, for which my apologies, but I can't seem to find an answer in-game or in the forums anywhere!

I just went back to a character I haven't played in a while, and I've realized that since I've restarted this character, my quest objectives don't appear over the relevant mob creatures when I move my cursor over them. That is to say, with my other character, if I need to collect 10 hens' teeth and I mouse over the right kind of hen to drop the teeth, I'll get a bubble that says the quest name and how many hens' teeth I have so far. That's not happening with this character.

I'm sure it's just some sort of obvious interface quirk that I'm missing, but it's driving me a bit nuts! Can anyone help me out?|||esc -> interface -> objectives

i'm pretty sure it's one of the options in there if that doesn't work try reseting all options to default with the button at button left corner.|||Thanks for responding! It's definitely not one of the objectives options -- been all through there trying to figure this out. But I'll try reinstating the defaults; thanks! ***crosses fingers and hopes this works***|||Quote:








Thanks for responding! It's definitely not one of the objectives options -- been all through there trying to figure this out. But I'll try reinstating the defaults; thanks! ***crosses fingers and hopes this works***




Do you have an addon that you haven't updated?|||lol @ hen's teeth.

A nice PG13 substitute for "monkey asses". Also, whereas you can hardly say that some monkey's do not have asses (thus lampooning the absurdity of random quest item drops), finding teeth on a hen might indeed require some extraordinary type of poultry.|||Thanks, all, for the responses!

Turns out Tioga's suggestion to revert to the default settings solved the problem. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment