Saturday, April 14, 2012

Question on expansions/Cataclysm installation

[:1]I am a noobie to WoW, and plan on buying all expansions in order to start off as a Worgen with a friend on Cataclysm.

My question is regarding the way I actually install the expansion packs.

I know that, in order to play Cataclysm, I need WoW, TBC and WotLK, and I know that the important part off of them is the authentication codes.

My question is: do I actually need to have each version installed on my computer for Cataclysm to work?

Or can I just install Cataclysm, and through it upgrade my account using the authentication codes from all other expansions?

Might sound as a stupid question, and probably is, I'm just worried that it'll eat up all the space on my hard disk if I have to install all the expansions just to play Cataclysm.

Thanks in advance!|||Yep you can install it all off the Cata disk. All the information from the previous expansions are all on it. Saves a hell of a lot of time installing/reinstalling.|||I have realized that this is the biggest confusion of every new player, that there is only one game client, even though there are three expansions. You pay for the account key, not the client.|||Thanks Wiglet, you definitely saved me from all the hassle!

Yes, I was really confused about that.. was also confused as to whether I could just start from scratch as a Worgen, or needed to have lvled up characters from the other expansions in order to "unlock" it..

To my relief, my friend explained I can simply start off with a Worgen as the first character, epic win!|||Quote:








Thanks Wiglet, you definitely saved me from all the hassle!

Yes, I was really confused about that.. was also confused as to whether I could just start from scratch as a Worgen, or needed to have lvled up characters from the other expansions in order to "unlock" it..

To my relief, my friend explained I can simply start off with a Worgen as the first character, epic win!




Yep, the only class that has an "unlock" requirement is the Death Knight, you need to have a level 55 or higher character on your account to be able to make a Death Knight (it doesn't get rid of the other character or anything, it just is what Blizzard set as a requirement, since the Death Knight starts at level 55).

No comments:

Post a Comment