Thursday, April 19, 2012

Are Horde always naff??

Is there any way you can see from the total player base on each server how many players are Alliance and how many are Horde?

I was reading the the trade gutter chatter the other evening when someone asked a question about BG etc... "was the Horde side on our Server any good"? The majority of repeatable replies were; "we always lose, Alliance out number us 3:1".

Having always played Horde (so far) and just being a qesty its not something I've thought about or noticed before (well apart from large groups of Alliance ransacking very major city with little resistance from the majority of Horde players).|||Yeah, there's a way to see it.

Google warcraft and census.

I'd link one but there's plenty gold seller ads and such.|||Just bear in mind that that will only give you an idea of the respective server populations. Only Blizzard have the real numbers and they ain't telling.|||One thing about BGs, they aren't populated from one server anymore (as we all know anyway) so saying our server isn't accurate anymore. Some people still do it. Another point: BG's are grouped according to your gear, so if your gear is on the better end of being good, you're going to face better geared opponents.... and run into twink teams more often than not.

Happened to me in my 29 days, when I was near twinked out on my Rogue, I nearly always ran into the same groups of alliance in BG's at the same time of day when I played.|||wtf is a naff?|||I was wondering the same thing.... no clue.|||Old British slang today meaning; uncool, tacky, unfashionable, worthless, bad, inferior, poor quality... these are the polite versions. :)|||Oh.. I though the Alliance was like that ;)|||Quote:








Having always played Horde (so far) and just being a qesty its not something I've thought about or noticed before (well apart from large groups of Alliance ransacking very major city with little resistance from the majority of Horde players).




This has crept up because of achievements. Most people look at the massive wad of enemy players barreling into their city and shrug to themselves thinking "They're just there for the bear." and continue on their business. It's, in my opinion, one of the negatives of achievements.|||Quote:








This has crept up because of achievements. Most people look at the massive wad of enemy players barreling into their city and shrug to themselves thinking "They're just there for the bear." and continue on their business. It's, in my opinion, one of the negatives of achievements.




It can very easily be fixed with another achievement: Stop 10 "For the Horde/Alliance" raids (by opposing faction) from succeeding. Reward: another mount or nice tabard.

No comments:

Post a Comment