Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Some noob questions

I played vanilla wow for about a year and quit. I'm coming back and was wondering some things

1. Are PVP servers full of gankers?

2. How are warriors? I'm going to play the class no matter what responses I get, but I just want to know where they stand right now.

3. Can you recommend a good PVP (if they aren't still gank-tastic) or PVE server?

4. I'm coming here from Warhammer and I was in a wonderful all dwarf guild. If there are any all dwarf guilds, preferable not heavy roleplaying, I'd love to know about them.

Thank you in advance for all the help.|||1. They are there for sure on both sides, I wouldn't say that PvP Servers are full of them...but they are there.

2. I don't know as I don't play one.

3. I can recommend mine of course, but it's Horde heavy.

4. Um....|||2. Warriors aren't the easiest class to play PvP with but you'll do fine. If this is the class you want to play go with it.

4. There are no single-class guilds in WoW, or at least very few and they are never big or highly ranked. It wouldn't work because for a guild to be effective you need all classes, and no single race can produce all classes in WoW. It's a shame really - I'd love to see more single-race guilds.|||single race guilds can be done. most races have more than one tank class and more than one healer class.

There's some inertia behind the reasons not to do it. In the past, some boss fights literally had to have a certain class or you can't use the trick you need to defeat the boss.

Also you run into the problem of, say you're in a dwarf guild and want to be a druid--well you either can't be a dwarf, or can't be a druid.

My gnome guild actually only has 40% gnomes. The only all one race guilds I know of are very specifically RP guilds.

No comments:

Post a Comment