Saturday, April 14, 2012

Brand new, buying game today: VERY CONFUSED

[:1]Hey guys, my name is Ludi and I have had a trial account of WoW, but was extremely confused right off the bat. I am hoping that someone can help me before I purchase the full game (On these forums) about what to do, how to do stuff, maybe help me decide what fraction to play as as well. Also, I'm not entirely sure what class I should make, so any help at all is appreciated. Thank you very much!|||It is at first a little daunting, but the game is actually very easy to learn, also for non-gamers. There are two factions (fraction means "part" and is also a math term :p), Alliance and Horde. You can make a total of 50 characters, up to a maximum of 10 per server, so don't be afraid to try things out to see what suits your needs the most. There is still a "Which class should I be?" sticky at the top of this forum, which is outdated now, but the bulk of it still applies.

Basically, quest mobs have a yellow exclamation mark: talking to them gives you a quest to solve, which usually means killing an X amount of mobs or gathering an X amount of stuff. But a quest can be anything. The solo part of the game is basically doing quests in several different zones, and they are designed in such a way (certainly now, after the last expansion hit the servers) that they take you by the hand through the different zones.

A wonderful resource is the official WoW website, there is a handy beginner's guide explaining everything in detail and in several chapters: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/guide. That should be a great place to start!

Don't be afraid to ask more specific questions here if you encounter any troubles or confusion. The main thing to remember is to enjoy the game on your own pace, don't let anyone drag you into stuff you don't know yet, it just makes the whole experience more daunting and confusing. Smell the roses and learn the game on your own tempo!

Good luck, enjoy, and welcome to the game and these forums!|||You can make fifty characters?! That's ridiculous, I thought you could only make one! Well then, I will have fun times for awhile then! Thank you very much snow!|||Heh, no wonder you were confused and it was so daunting to choose. Glad I cleared it up then!|||You can only make 10 per server, but up to 50 total.

No comments:

Post a Comment