Thursday, April 12, 2012

New to WoW: help please

[:1]Bongiorno people,

right first off I have bought the following:

WoW Battlechest

Wrath of the Lich King

Cataclysm

I have installed everything from the Cataclysm disc after creating my WoW account after being invited to the game by a mate (through the referral link).

Now that I've created my character on the same server as him (Ravenholdt {sp?}) will I be entitled to the Triple XP that he's mentioned?

Also when I'd installed and loaded the game the intro was talking about the Cataclysm. Is the game starting purely from the start of the Cataclysm expansion or is that the normal start to the game? If it's not the normal start to the game how can I go through the games/expansions in order?

Like I say, I'm new to WoW so I don't have a clue (only bought my PC 2 weeks ago).|||If you actually took part in the RaF program (Recruit-a-Friend) you should be able to reap all the benefits, yes.

As to your question about Cata and the other expansions, the game is not linear. Cataclysm introduced new zones and an overhaul of existing zones, but the game client is the same for everyone. If you have the expansions, you can level higher and you will have access to more races, their respective start area's and the high level zones included with every expansion. But apart from that, everyone plays the same game from the beginning.|||Yes, when grouped with any characters on the account he has linked to yours through the referral, you and he will earn triple exp (from monsters and quests, etc.).

That is the normal start to the game. Depending on the expansions you have, it will play that cinematic when you first install WoW, as well as each race's cinematic when you first log into that character. In the history of the expansions, it goes Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms->Outland->Northrend->Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms, so when they released the latest expansion the first release was redone and is technically a part of the Cataclysm expansion, though there is a 20 level gap where you're sort of going back in time to old expansions (58/60-70 in Outland and 68/70-80 in Northrend).

In short, all is well :).|||Cheers guys, I was just a little unsure with mention of "Cataclysm" and talk of victories against the Lich King.

Started as an Orc and couldn't think of a name, so Shrekzilla it is lol.|||As much as I dislike non-RP names, Shrekzilla did make me chuckle.

To each their own. Have fun and welcome to the game! Don't hesitate to ask more questions, no matter how "newbish" you think they sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment