Thursday, April 12, 2012

New to tanking

[:1]Very late in my wow life I�ve started doing Instances on my DK and Warlock and love them.

I�ve been doing the Outland ones for the achievements and find that as a DPS the find-a-group rate is slow (on some) and as I�m the max level for the dungeons I often take most if not all the threat from the much lower tank.

With this in mind and because my Warrior and Paladin are already 85; I�m looking at making a new toon solely for tanking.

Is a Prot Warrior the best tank or should I go for a DK or Pally?

As a lvl 15, what are the primary attributes I should go for?

Stamina>Str>Def>Parry>Block>Expertise or leave out strength completely?

I can only find end game tank stuff which uses Stamina>Mastery>Parry>Expertise>Hit

On a side note what is the best Instance healer as I might try this too; so far I�ve only seen Druids and as a last resort a pally, but never a priest (mine is 85)?|||The days that a Prot warrior was considered to be the king of tanking are long gone. The other tanking specs (DK, paladin, and Druid you forgot) are just as viable. The playing styles are different, of course, so basically you will have to choose by what you like playing the most. I don't know enough classes well enough to give you an expert rundown of what to expect with each of these specs and to summarize the weak and strong points.

Same applies to "best healer", every class with a healing spec is viable.

At level 15 the gear doesn't matter that much yet. Base yourself on the endgame stats. If you're seriously into tanking (leveling through dungeons is a good way to practice, queue times are never long anyway as a tank), pouring everything into Stamina is already a good start. Defense rating is out of the game and is replaced by dodge rating. You are not going to find much with that yet, I think, but that's your second stat. Strength is less important, but in the earlier levels it is probably what you are going to find the most along with Stamina, no loss in slapping that on as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment