Monday, April 16, 2012

Howdy! I have a slight problem

Hey there,

I am not new to World of Warcraft but this is the first time I will be playing in ages and I have forgot how it works. When I say "it" I mean downloading ect.

Right, I own two that should install Vanilla but I have lost, but I don't own any expansions. My little three year old brother has took disc two out of the box and hidden it so I cannot install the game again. I asked a friend who played the game and he told me I had to download the Expansion Packs off the internet + Vanilla. But I don't know where to start!!

Here's a few notes:

1. I still own the box with the authentication key inside

2. I forgot my Battle.net email and password

3. I own two guest pass keys but I dunno what to do with them

Four. I have a bad memory



If you require anything more, just ask.|||1) There's your luck, since the authentication key is actually what you paid for. If you had lost that, there would be no way to reinstate your account and you would have to buy a new one anyway. If you can log into Battle.net and merged your game account with your Battle.net account, you can download the clients for free. So you don't need the physical cd's. But you have to be able to log into Battle.net, of course.

2) If you have your e-mail, it should be easy to recover a lost password. If you lost both, I think it will be a bit more tricky. Maybe you can sign up again with a new e-mail and merge your account with the authentication key with that? Otherwise, if all fails, contact Blizzard: http://eu.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=23210

3) You can hand out guest pass keys to people who can then download the client and use that guest pass key to play for 10 days free (with restricted features). Sorta like a demo version of the game.

4) We've all been there. Although it is a bit strange that you actually forgot the e-mail address you were registered with. I think I had three or four e-mail addresses in my entire life up to now (apart from school or work addresses which I never used for personal things anyway).|||First question to you, are you US or EU? There's a big difference here.

Second question, have you ever created an account and/or a Battle.net acount?|||Thankyou snowieken, I created a trial account earlier so I will log into Battle.net with that and merge the authentication key. Will I need to buy game-time from a local game store and the expansions.

+ I don't have to buy the expansions straight away do I?|||If you have a Battle.net account active and ready, you should be able to merge your WoW account to that using your authentication key, yes. I don't know about a difference between EU and US (apart from phone support, the page I linked to is EU, force of habit). You will have to buy game time to be able to play, either through pre-paid cards or with a credit card.

You don't need the expansions, if you don't want them. However, you can't skip one. For instance, if you want to play a Worgen or Goblin and want to purchase Cataclysm for that, you do need to buy the previous expansions as well. But you can safely start with just vanilla and gradually work your way up.|||Sorry Gorny, EU Resident. And thankyou again snowieken!

I will stick about the forum for a while so please don't delete my account!|||We only delete accounts when you don't behave. So, well, erm, behave. And keep us posted whether you got your account back to work or not!|||Quote:




An error has occurred.

The authentication key you’ve entered has already been claimed.

Each authentication key can only be redeemed once. Please refer to your games section of the home page to review the keys attached to this Battle.net account. If you’re sure you have not previously claimed this key, please double-check the spelling and enter it now.

For more information on authentication keys, please visit our Support Site.




I forgot to mention that I have played using the Authentication key before.

EDIT: It's okay guys, I'll just start a fresh with this new Battle.net account and re-buy the games and expansions!|||Quote:








My little three year old brother has took disc two out of the box and hidden it so I cannot install the game again.




Sorry but there is no way I believe this. A 3 years old has no concept of what you need to install a program on your computer.



Anyway, you can download the entire game. Or copy it from another pc if one of your friends plays. What you need is a Battlenet account and payed gametime.|||He didn't intentionally do it, he just found the disc's case in my room and played about v

with it. I found the disc's case with only CD 1 in then.

No comments:

Post a Comment