Thursday, April 12, 2012

Confusing Skill Trees!

[:1]Hey.

I'm new to WoW, I just started playing 2 days ago with my goblin-warlock and things got me really confused.

I have already found myself a build (http://www.wowhead.com/talent#IrGr0hsGsdZs:sMRozdMoz) I guess it's okay if I post a link?

Now, the thing is that my ingame trees look a bit different to the ones presented on that page. The icons are places differently and some skills are missing/named differently.

I know that I got something wrong but could anyone explain this to me?

I would appreciate a brief explanation.

Thanks,

David|||Ok, I've just logged in to my BF's new Warlock to check and this is how his talent tree looks:



Are you playing the legit retail version or a private server? As talent trees have been shuffled and changed a fair bit So it may explain a different layout.|||Yes, I'm playing on official server (Silvermoon).

Ok I solved the problem

While I'm here I wanna ask you one more thing.. Should I train the same skills that I've got on my skill tree? Or should I just train whatever skills I find useful?

I'm sorry for asking such newbish questions, maybe you could direct me to some guide for newbies(assuming there is something like that)?|||I've never played a Warlock, but I'd say train everything. Generally if you can learn it in your specialization, you can at least use it as a utility skill (such as a Fire Mage using Frostbolt if they need to slow down an enemy for some reason).|||Just train every skill you can, money is easy to get back and you'll never know what would be useful in a certain situation. As there is no other restriction than money, there is no real reason to not train skills.|||As snowie said just train everything.

The spec in the link is an Aff PVE spec, so if you're into PVP then you will need to change the glyphs and skill mix around the Aff tree.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lent/secondary

This is a link to my warlock showing the Demonolgy tree I used for levelling, mainly Fel Guard tanking so I glyphed 'Fel Guard' as a prime and 'Heath Funnel' as a minor.

I tried all specs whilst levelling and found demo to be the easiest and quickest to do it with.

My main Aff spec is setup and geared for PVP, but IMO is also good enough for raiding too.

No comments:

Post a Comment