Saturday, April 14, 2012

Question about having WoW with the worst internet.

[:1]Heya,

I quit WoW (again) last November because of my computer, it was just so bad.

Months went by, and now I live alone in a dorm apartment. It is really dull here, but atleast I got a new computer now for Christmas from my mom that would decently enough run the game. But then there comes another problem by: I have no income, so I can't have a solid internet, so I had to buy one of these Prepaid Mobile-Internet thingys. Now these are really bad for gaming (I heard, but earlier I have been playing pretty well with a Low signal WLAN in the apartment of my parents). The question is: With an Internet that has a 3gig cap per month, am I able to play the game ~6 hours per day for a month? Not doing much raiding and stuff, but maybe a little, I also live in a semi-dead server so there is not too much data flying around. But then, can I even download the game if I have a 3gig cap, if the game takes about 25gigs storage? Or am I missing here something out, because I would be using my Cataclysm CD that I bought?

Thanks, I really hope that someone knows more than I do D:

Me|||You will reach your connection limit with even trying to download the latest patches. Sorry but this does not look good.

Maybe cut down the approximate 6 hours game time a day to 3 hours a day and work for the other 3, and spend the money on a better internet connection ? Not much else I can think of realy.|||What if I download the game at my friends house who has full limitless broadband, am I then able to play ~6hr per day for a month?|||That I dont know ^^ You can just copy his game folder, the game does not need to be properly installed. But I dont know how much traffic WoW uses per hour.|||Tested by running around in org casting random spells for 10 minutes and tallied up the usage.

@6 hours a day, for 30 days: Estimated 4.3gb used.

So yeah, you'll run out of steam in 23 days. That's assuming you don't even open a browser or do anything else at all.|||Cool ill check to see if it does. So not a big difference? Kk Im not worried about it then, Ill probably just stick with what the guide says anyways. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment