Thursday, April 12, 2012

Numeric map positions?

[:1]Many quest guides give numeric coords, but I don't see a way to enable their display for my current position. Can someone show me how to enable display of coords for my position to make following quest walk-throughs easier?

Helps for mining from positions of veins in Wow database too.

Thanks,

wp|||Carbonite addon used to show this, but I haven't used that for a while (I'd be surprised if that feature was stopped though).

For info, I'm fairly sure that the point (0,0) is top left. The number is the percentage of the map, so (50, 50) would be in the middle. (Hope that's not complete bull).

As for mining, you might like to look at a different addon, namely Gatherer2, together with its data addon. That shows where all the nodes, herbs, fish etc are - but only those you want, on a character basis. I find it quite useful.|||I thought Blizzard integrated this in their interface now (like they integrated so many features that were first addon exclusive). Don't these coordinates show up at the bottom of your map?|||I see. There is a huge eco-system of addons. No problem. I found curse.com and got TomTom which solves my problem. I'm sure there are better ones, but this one solves my problem.

Carbonite wanted me to donate first. I try before I buy ...

With Tomtom the minimap has coords and the main map has them for the cursor and the player.

Thanks,

Rock-on,

wp|||Hmm, now I wonder what addon gives me those then.|||Quote:








Hmm, now I wonder what addon gives me those then.




I thought they were standard too and was going to reply the same, but wasn't sure...

For myself then I guess it must be either Gatherer or Loremaster because they're the two I haven't updated since the update and they're not showing on the main map anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment