Thursday, April 12, 2012

Archaeology - What's the problem?

[:1]I'm a lvl 9 Draenei Hunter. I know Mining, Engineering and Cooking.

Based on the profess panel, looks like I can learn Archaeology, Fishing and First Aid - at least those slots are present and dimmed.

I'm running the trial at the moment.

The Draenei Archaeology Trainer Diya, in Exodar shows me a blank page when I ask to learn archaeology.

Is there some limitation, or is this yet another crippling in the trial version?

Thanks,

wp|||I think archaeology needs level 20|||Not very prominently displayed, and the NPC didn't say so, which she should have. Most errors I've made like that come with some sort of message. But this page says level 20 is required:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Profession

As well as cataclysm. Are they still doing expansions? Odd. When you get the trial, it seems to be Cataclysm. I have no clue. It must be complicated for them to run the various campaigns at the same time since the maps overlap. Other games I've seen that add campaign expansions add new maps and if you have the campaign, then NPCs appear in the other campaigns that give quests to lead you into the new areas. Not sure how WoW does it.

Anyway, thanks,

wp|||Everyone who now plays WoW, whether trial or full version has had the shattering happen and as such all view the world the same.

The only real exception to this is certain quests where you become 'phased'. At this point you are looking at the world slightly differently than other players, but its not something u would really notice in the normal day to day playing.|||Zones normally do have quests that send you to the next area and similary the War boards in major cities also give opening quests to new areas dependant on your level.

But IMO since you can normally get to lvl 20 without even finishing the first few starter areas, its unlikely you see the questline that does this bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment