Monday, April 16, 2012

Gems

So I have some questions regarding gems. I played WOTLK and only made it to 80 within a month of cata launching so I never really applied gems much. I did use the cheap ones for sale in hellfire just to add a little extra agility and such.



Now that I have plenty of time to work my gear and properly gem/enchant everything before the next update I want to learn about the high end gems. If we only were able to buy off the auction house or use the random gems I find while mining, I would say you would either have to be rich or lucky (with drops). AM i missing the main way to get gems? How are they attained? I read a jc guide and it said that a JC can create gems used for high end geming of gear using plain ore?



Can someone help with some clarification? I might drop enchanting and go JC if I can make gems from my raw ore I mine.



Thank you in advance.|||You can go with cheaper ones if you know you are going to be switching out gear fairly soon. If you have the cash and it's going to be on something you will have for a while.... buy the best you can afford, epic gems.

True a JC can create high end gems...but many need to be obtained via profession recipe from trainers. Might cost you more cash in the long run if you're becomming a JC just for that purpose.|||Quote:








You can go with cheaper ones if you know you are going to be switching out gear fairly soon. If you have the cash and it's going to be on something you will have for a while.... buy the best you can afford, epic gems.

True a JC can create high end gems...but many need to be obtained via profession recipe from trainers. Might cost you more cash in the long run if you're becomming a JC just for that purpose.








So if I have raw ore and some cash and I know a high end JC, could I obtain gems this way? I probably wont level up jc, since enchanting is at 450ish and i spent a lot leveling that but I'm curious if my clan has a master JC how does a jc create an epic gem that I can then use to apply to my gear?|||If you know someone then it makes more sense to have them do the cutting for you, you'll save money over the AH for sure.|||JCers also have an ability called "prospect" which is much like Disenchanting, but for ore. Ore mostly gives the uncommon gems, but you do occasionally get the rare gems too. (Elementium has a higher chance than Obsidian to get rare gems.) That is where most of the raw gems you see come from. You can have a JCer friend prospect ore for you, but keep in mind doing so is sort of a pain for them, so tip them generously for their time.

I'm not going to lie, having a JCer alt is very handy. However, I spent 2k gold just getting from 450-475 so I could start doing the new dailies for recipes. It's a nasty profession to level. It either takes a lot of gold, or a lot of time mining.

Currently there are no epic gems in Cataclysm. This follow the same pattern of the last two expansions. Basically, they don't have then available for the first couple of content patches. Eventually, you will probably be able to buy the uncut epic gems for a currency like honor or justice points if they do things like they have done in previous expansions.

No comments:

Post a Comment