Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I know my game... I just don't know what it's called!

Good evening, internet junkies. I use to play WoW pre-Wrath, and quit just weeks after its release due to social pressures and obligations to school and family. With the upcoming release of Cataclysm, though, my interest in being renewed, and I am heavily considering getting back into it.

Now, I am fairly familiar with game mechanics and the aspects of the game, and I do a good bit of research, but I was hoping for some up-to-date opinions of things I never knew much about in the first place.

When I recall my times in the World of Warcraft, haunting memories of never being able to get into raids, missing out on old, lost raids, and not being competitive enough to make it in the Arena are the first things to come to mind. Shuddering at the thought of never being good enough, the inadequacy problems of myself in middle school overwhelm me... Then I remember... I'm almost in college. I don't really care to be the top arena team, or to be the best raider evar. I liked World of Warcraft for the graphics, the lore, the stories, the RP, the social networking, the seasonal events, the quests, the Easter eggs... And some battle grounds here and there.

Upon reflecting on my time, I realize I spent most of it trying to get what I didn't want, making my game experience entirely unenjoyable.

Now, a returning player still on the outside of the Cataclysm hype, I can look past all the new raid dungeons that I'll never get into and all the old raids I'll never get to do and focus on the incredible new parts of the game I actually enjoy.

So, let me get to my point...

I know exactly what I want my play focus to be � Solo (endgame) PvE with admirable battle ground PvP versatility. I want to be as independent as possible, without having to rely on getting together a sleazy group that will fall apart in an hour for one silly quest - I want to do it on my own! Battle Grounds are much less demanding than Arenas or Raids, and are a nice change of pace for me, so I want to be able to hold my own there, too.

My only question is... Yes, the most dreaded question in all the forum... I'm going to ask it... What class should I be!? I don't know how the game's change (or will change with the expansion), plus, I only ever played a couple classes, and I was hoping you all could give me some recommendations. So� suggestions? Advice? Comments?|||I'm thinking Hunter, Rogue or Druid. I'll explain why.

Rogues and Druids have stealth/prowl, which makes them the most independent in Battlegrounds. You operate on your own, don't need teammates to be useful. You'll also benefit from hit when you're doing high-end PvE (quests).

Hunters will get camouflage at lvl 85, which is similar to stealth. It also opens up a new style of play that you may like: extreme soloing. That means soloing lv60 25/40-man raids or lv70 10-man raids. Maybe at 85 you can even do lv80 Normal instances by yourself.

But I have to add:

- Even if you prefer soloing, finding a nice social guild can add to your enjoyment a lot. And if they like BGs too that will make it even better

- The game has changed somewhat since you left, and it's now a lot easier to gear up for higher-end raids and arena. So don't write this part of the game off too soon.|||Oh sigh, and for a second there i thought we would go towards another question than the same old "what class should i be".

Honestly, if you are "fairly familiar with the game mechanics " and you did "a good bit of research" then there is nothing we can tell you. Play what you feel like playing. All classes are independant, and none is, depending on how you look at the game.|||What is with the wall o text from these people with one post?



I keep looking for a link hidden in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment